If you have a lot of horses to feed and are interested in purchasing in larger quantities, you may qualify for our extra professional riders discounts! Please submit your email address below and we will contact you with details.
Benefits of Linseed
- The Omega 3 fatty acids contained within linseed are thought to have strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Linseed may help to boost the immune system, making it beneficial for horses with metabolic conditions as well as veteran horses
- Adding fat to a horse’s diet has been shown to improve coat and skin condition, making linseed an excel-lent feed to promote skin and coat health
- Smart Linseed is a useful feed for those horses and ponies that need a low starch and sugar diet but still need to maintain condition
- Linseed contains highly digestible soluble fibre that not only provides an excellent energy source for horses but also contains mucilages which could be beneficial for gastrointestinal function and integrity
Cooked Linseed Meal.
Feed in addition to Smart Balance as needed. Smart Linseed should be fed at a rate of 50-200g per 100kg body weight
For weight gain, Smart Linseed can be fed at a rate of up to 1kg/day for a 500Kg horse.
Always introduce Smart Linseed gradually to allow the digestive system time to adjust to the new feed.