Our Smart Zero Range was inspired by our Danish distributor and is formulated using the highest quality ingredients to support work, performance and condition, with minimal starch and sugar levels. As the name would suggest, our Smart Zero feeds have Zero Molasses and Zero whole cereals to help achieve this aim.
Designed to provide quality nutrition to horses and ponies with metabolic / endocrinal conditions, or those at risk from gastric ulcers, the low sugar and starch formulations in Smart Zero provide the levels of energy and supporting micronutrients required for performance and to maintain or gain weight and condition.
Castle Smart Zero feeds are extremely versatile and provide a healthier option for all active horses and ponies, including competition, sport horses, and veterans.
Smart Zero Mash is a tasty and nutritious mash with mixed herbs, offering a high fibre, low starch and sugar diet to promote gut health and integrity. Smart Zero Mash is ideal for laminitics, horses and ponies with Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS), Insulin Dysregulation, PPID (cushing’s disease), ulcer prone horses and ponies, veterans with reduced chewing ability and horses and ponies with compromised digestive health.
Smart Zero Mash will provide the following:
- A soothing and easily digestible feed to help support gut recovery and function
- A blend of ‘super’ fibres to support optimum digestive health and beneficial hindgut microbes
- Beneficial Omega 3 fatty acids to support natural anti-inflammatory processes
- Elevated energy levels to support condition and weight gain along with work and performance
- Fully balanced vitamins and minerals to support optimum health and well-being
- Added fenugreek to provide an attractive and tasty flavour
Soya Hulls, Unmolassed Sugar-beet Pulp, Grass Pellets, Flaked Peas, Full Fat Linseed Meal, Soya Oil, Vitamins & Minerals, XPC yeast, Fenugreek, Oregano, Sage, Garlic, Mint, Parsley, Marjoram, Peppermint.
Feeding Rate & Instructions: Mix with 3 times the volume of water and soak for 30-40 minutes before feeding. To speed up soaking time use warm/hot water.
** Do Not Feed Dry **
Feed 200 – 600 gm per 100Kg of horses weight, depending on condition and work done. Weigh before soaking. Or replace weight for weight with your regular feed.